Volunteers play a critical role in the Mount Marathon Race. Each year, we recruit 300+ volunteers to fill positions on the evening of July 3rd, and all day on July 4th.
Volunteer for …
- Course set-up and take down
- Racer check-in
- Bib pick-up
- Downtown traffic/vehicle control
- Downtown crowd control
- On-mountain recording of bib numbers
- On-mountain crowd control at halfway point and summit
- Trail Sweeping
- Finisher t-shirt and patch distribution
- And more
Things to Consider Before Choosing
- Are you racing too? When is your race scheduled this year?
- Are there specific jobs you’d prefer?
- Do you prefer an indoors job or outdoors?
- Are you willing and able to climb halfway or all the way up the mountain to do timing/crowd control?
How do I sign up?
Check back here to sign-up for your volunteer position through our Sign-Up Genius that will be available in April.
- Volunteer check-in is July 3 from 4:45–8 p.m. at Seward High School
- Volunteers may also check in on July 4 beginning at 8 a.m. at race headquarters.
We appreciate your support of the Mount Marathon Race!